Purchase of machinery and projects
The Beretta Foundation has been able to function over all these years thanks to financial aid from the Beretta Group, as well as contributions in property and money from private individuals and to the good management of the donation from General Motors in 1989.
Purchase of machinery:
- Mammograph given on a free loan to the Gardone V.T. local area health authority in 1986 (one of the first in use in the Province of Brescia)
- Equipment for ‘Eco-guided percutaneous ablation with radiofrequency of hepatic neoplasms’ in 1996, given on a free loan to Ospedale di Gardone V.T.
- “Ultracision” Machinery in 2001, useful for surgical operations on abdominal neoplasms given on a free loan to the Gardone V.T. local area health authority.
Projects and Other Contributions:
- FAmong the most important is the contribution to the oncological service of the Spedali Civili (Civic Hospitals) of Brescia via the finance and delivery to the Spedali Civili of Brescia of a design for the creation of a new Medical Oncology Ward at the hospital (2000)
- In the course of 2002 the Beretta Foundation contributed to the ‘Sun yes/Sun no’ teaching project at Brescia schools intended to give advice, particularly during infancy, for correct sun exposure.
- In 2003 we supported the 2nd Refresher Course “Cutaneous melanoma during development and adulthood’ run by the Multidisciplinary Group on Melanoma of the Azienda Ospedaliera Spedali Civili of Brescia.
- In the course of 2004 the Beretta Foundation provided a contribution to the GENESI FUND to help buy a latest generation CAT for Ospedale di Gardone V.T.